Introduction to Home Economics
Price: £29.99 (Excluding VAT at 20%)
Subject: Food Technology
Age Group: 11 - 14
Order Number: 4015
Lower School Food Technology Booklets
These topic-based booklets have proved very successful with lower school students who like the hands-on approach. There is not too much writing involved but lots of experimentation, discussion, groupwork, self and peer assessment as well as practical cookery to stimulate interest and competition. All the information that students need is in the booklets but there is plenty of scope for extension work to keep the more able students interested as well. Each new topic builds on previous experiences and gradually increases the confidence and competence of the students so that they are prepared as possible for examinations and for living in a technological society.
Students are informed how their work will be assessed and given a summary of the content of each lesson to help them get the most benefit from the course.
Homework is included in each booklet, making it a simple task to assess progress and communicate this to the student. Supply staff and or non-specialist teachers find it relatively easy to work out what the students should learn from each lesson. Schemes of work related to the Programme of Study for Technology are also included.
Lower School Food Technology Booklets:
- Introduction to Home Economics - 40 photocopiable masters - £29.99 - Order code 4015
- Dairy Foods - 29 photocopiable masters - £29.99 - Order code 4016
- Vegetarians - 30 photocopiable masters - £29.99 - Order code 4017
- Perfect Pasta - 28 photocopiable masters - £29.99 - Order code 4018
- Biscuits and Cookies - 28 photocopiable masters - £29.99 - Order code 4019
- The Big Breakfast - 24 photocopiable masters - £29.99 - Order code 4020
Buy all six Lower School Food Technology booklets on CD-ROM for - £59.99 (£70.49 inc. VAT)