Price: £49.99 (Excluding VAT at 20%)
Subject: Information & Communication Technology
Age Group: 11 - 14
Order Number: 8022
Most schools have free access to 'Logo' but don't use it; and, not all teachers are familiar with it. But as a way of teaching aspects of computer control 'Logo' is invaluable.
The level descriptors for KS2 and KS3 in the National Curriculum consistently state the need for problem solving, patterns, relationships, instructions to control, refining, and the use of procedures and variables.
As pupils enter Secondary School they should be familiar with aspects of control; and 'Logo' could assist this teaching.
The book will:
- Be suitable for whole class, group and individual teaching.
- Aid lesson planning and preparation.
- Provide additional information to teachers so that support can be given to less or more advanced pupils.
- Provide photocopiable worksheets to reinforce what has been learnt.
- Explore of the concepts of programming before a lesson.
- Provide additional ideas, information and suggestions.
- Provide a series of progressive tasks, exploring the aspects of Logo.
- Give advice on what preparation might be needed prior to teaching.
- Provide answers for all chapter based challenges and tasks.
- Provide many photocopiable sheets.
- Provide progress records sheets.
- Provide a glossary that covers all the terms used within each chapter.